We invest in a broad range of research on issues important to New Zealand, and support the development of health research careers. Our mission is 'benefiting New Zealand through health research'.
We produce a range of publications, which provide information about upcoming closing dates and profile HRC funded research outcomes. Our media releases highlight recent funding announcements and HRC related news.
Our Research and Funding documents contain support and reference information for applicants applying for funding, as well as background information for referees and committee members. Details on how and when to apply can be found under Funding Opportunities.
These documents provide support and reference information for funding applicants, as well as background information for referees and committee members
These documents include our annual reports and strategic plans.
These documents include specific guidelines for Māori health research as well as funding information
- Hui Whakapiripiri 2014 Report
- Whaia te Ara Rangahau Hauora Māori - Pathways for Māori Health Research
- Ngā Pou Rangahau: The Strategic Plan for Māori Health Research 2010 - 2015
- Te Ara Tika - Guidelines for Māori Research Ethics: A framework for researchers and ethics committee members
- Guidelines for Researchers on Health Research Involving Māori