Interested in learning about how the safety of COVID-19 vaccines is being monitored?
Several speakers will discuss COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring at this online symposium:
- Ms Julianne Gee, an epidemiologist from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) who is currently serving as the deputy team lead of the Vaccine Safety Team on the CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force and as a senior technical advisor to the Global Immunization Safety Team.
- Professor Michael Gold, a paediatric allergist and immunologist who has contributed to several World Health Organization vaccine safety guidelines and is a committee member of the Vaccine Safety Investigation Group of the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration and of the AusVaxSafety Expert Advisory Group for Active Vaccine Surveillance.
- Associate Professor Helen Petousis-Harris, a vaccinologist who previously chaired the World Health Organization’s Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety and is currently an elected member of the Brighton Collaboration Science Board.
- Medsafe representatives will discuss the COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring that is being undertaken in New Zealand.
Other speakers will report on recently completed vaccine and medicine safety and utilisation research, discuss work in progress, introduce upcoming projects, and consider methodological issues.
- General registration: $30
- Student registration: $15