The Biomedical Research Committee is a statutory HRC committee set out in the HRC Act, with members appointed by the HRC Council. The committee advises on biomedical research funding that's offered through a range of HRC grant types, such as Project and Programme grants and Career Development Awards.
Biomedical Research Committee members are responsible for chairing Science Assessing Committees (SACs). These committees score research applications and produce a ranked list of fundable proposals for assisting funding recommendations to the HRC Council.
The Biomedical Research Committee also monitors and reports on grantees' performance.
- Associate Professor Sunia Foliaki, Research Centre for Hauora & Health, Massey University, Wellington
- Professor Greg Jones, Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin
- Professor Jonathan Koea, Waitemata District Health Board, North Shore Hospital, and University of Auckland
- Dr Natalie Netzler, Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, The University of Auckland
- Associate Professor Dianne Sika-Paotonu, The Dean’s Department, University of Otago, Wellington
- Dr Jade Tamatea, Waikato District Health Board, Hamilton, and the University of Auckland.
Committee Secretary: Dr Katie Palastanga - Research Investment Manager
Additional: Biomedical Research Committee Terms of Reference