The Pacific Health Research Committee provides the HRC with advice about Pacific health research priorities and Pacific health research workforce development. It is a standing committee founded by the HRC in recognition of the need to have high-level expertise in managing Pacific health research investment.
There is also a Pacific Assessing Committee that assesses the Pacific Career Development Awards and Pacific Project applications, and makes recommendations to the HRC Council about which applications to support.
- Dr Ofa Dewes - Chair, Affiliate Investigator, Maurice Wilkins Centre for Molecular Biodiscovery, and Research Fellow, School of Nursing, The University of Auckland, Auckland
- Dr Riz Firestone - Senior Research Fellow/Associate Dean Pacific, Centre for Public Health Research, Massey University, Wellington Campus, Wellington
- Dr Dianne Sika-Paotonu - Associate Dean Pacific/Senior Lecturer, University of Otago, Wellington
- Dr Bruce Su'a - Paediatric Surgeon, Starship Hospital, Auckland
- Associate Professor Dan Tautolo - Director, Centre for Pacific Health and the Pacific Islands Families Study, AUT University, Auckland
- Dr Paula Vivili - Director, Public Health Division, The Pacific Community, Noumea
Ex officio members:
Marisa Maepu - Ministry of Health
Professor Kathryn McPherson - Former Chief Executive, Health Research Council of New Zealand
Committee Secretary: Tolotea Lanumata, HRC Manager - Pacific Health Research.
Additional: Pacific Health Research Terms of Reference