The Public Health Research Committee is a statutory HRC committee set out in the HRC Act, with members appointed by the HRC Council. The committee advises on public health research funding that's offered through a range of HRC grant types, such as Project and Programme grants and Career Development Awards.
Public Health Research Committee members are responsible for chairing Science Assessing Committees (SACs) which score applications and produce a ranked list of fundable proposals for assisting funding recommendations to the HRC Council.
The Public Health Research Committee also monitors and reports on grantees' performance.
- Professor Jeroen Douwes - Chair, Centre for Public Health Research, Massey University, Wellington
- Professor Chris Bullen, National Institute for Health Innovation, School of Population Health, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, The University of Auckland, Auckland
- Professor Sarah Derrett, Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Dunedin School of Medicine, Division of Health Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin
- Professor Jane Koziol-McLain, Division of Health Care Practice, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland
- Dr Lisa Te Morenga, School of Health, Faculty of Health, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington
- Dr Jemaima Tiatia-Seath, School of Māori Studies and Pacific Studies – Te Wananga o Waipapa, Faculty of Arts, The University of Auckland, Auckland
- Professor Mark Weatherall, Department of Medicine, University of Otago, Wellington
Committee Secretary: Luke Garland - Research Investment Manager